The Spring Season of The Market at Pepper Place officially kicks off on Saturday, April 16th and it’s the perfect time to grab locally grown, fresh produce from your favorite Alabama farmers. If you’re looking for a way to support local farmers and vendors, we encourage you to shop The Market at Pepper Place. The farmers market we all know and love will return with live music, chef demos, and local vendors showcasing the state’s best goods from 7am to noon, rain or shine.
Get Market Ready with These Tips:
- Spring is here and Alabama fruits + veggies are loving it! At the Market, you’ll find seasonal favorites, including strawberries, asparagus, colorful tulips and spring flower bouquets.
- The Market’s farmers, food and art vendors are all hard at work getting ready for the kickoff of the spring season. Like always, The Market at Pepper Place will be open every Saturday, rain or shine, from 7am – Noon.
- It anticipated that farmers will bring early spring greens, strawberries and other locally grown vegetables in season. Greenhouse growers will have beautiful tomatoes for sale, too. You’ll also find homemade cookies, cakes, pies and scones. In addition, hand-made candles and soaps, woodwork and pottery.
- Support the Market and the future of our food community by giving to Friends of the Market. When you become a Friend of the Market and renew your gift, you’re supporting programs that benefit farmers, shoppers, and the market community now and into the future!
- Thanks to Curbside, you can order flowers, veggies, mushrooms, bread, meat, cheese, eggs, honey and custom desserts, PLUS candles, soap, art and more from our Market farmers and makers – safely, without getting out of your car or standing in line!
- SNAP/EBT tokens with matching Double Up Food Bucks are available at the MARKET INFO TABLE every Saturday and can be used with vendors throughout the Winter and outdoor Market. Learn more by clicking here!
- On the day of the Market, we will also be hosting Drive Electric Earth Day, an electric vehicle showcase in the Martin Biscuit lot welcoming owners of the latest electric cars for visitors to peruse and check out. Also attending will be folks from the City of Birmingham showing off the electric scooters and bikes that are available all over town, and hopefully an electric Max bus for people to board and check out.
- At the Markets on 4/16, 4/23 & 4/30, we will be celebrating spring with visits from baby farm animals each week! Different farmers each week will bring lambs, baby goats and even baby chickens for Market visitors to pat and take selfies.
Be sure to follow The Market at Pepper Place on Instagram to stay in the know.
We can’t wait to see you at the Market!