Mom. She’s the best. She somehow manages to check everything off her list and have cookies in the oven. On Sunday, May 10, we take a day to celebrate all of the mamas in our life. We’ve rounded up some gift ideas from our Pepper Place retailers and categorized them for you to make the gift-giving process easy and intentional. While it takes a lot more than a gift to recognize all that she does, it’s a great start to celebrating Mom.
Designed for the mom that loves to splurge – or maybe the mom that won’t ever splurge on herself, these Luxury items are sure to be a hit.
1. Laurent-Perrier Cuvee Rose Champagne (Hop City) – Offering curbside pick-up, it’s never been easier to celebrate mom with a good bottle of bubbly.
2. Davines OI Conditioner (The Collective) $38 – A rich and buttery conditioner for all hair types that provides extraordinary softness, shine and body. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate your pick-up or delivery.
3. Denim Shirt Rinse Wash (Billy Reid) $136.50 – An elevated take on the denim shirt, this is made in the USA from 100% cotton and finished with antique snaps. Pick it up for mom at Billy Reid’s Pepper Place location or shop their online website.
4. “Isadora” by Whitney Stoddard, 24″ x 36″(Design Supply) $2,640 – This acrylic on tea stained paper is a gift that stands the test of time. Call the shop to set up an appointment or go doing their store hours (Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm).
5. Davines OI Shampoo (The Collective) $31 – This milky-smooth shampoo infuses hair with nourishing Roucou oil, making it the perfect daily shampoo for all hair types. Email email@example.com to coordinate your pick-up or delivery.
6. Botanical Soy Wax Candle(Farmstand) $67 – These luxurious soy wax candles come in a variety of natural scents, sure to inspire (and relax!) all the busy mamas in your life.
7. Davines OI Oil (The Collective) $45 – This multi-function oil adds shine and softness to hair while also detangling and fighting frizz. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate your pick-up or delivery.
There are some mamas that have a natural talent for hosting. With the innate ability to organize a dinner party or a child’s birthday party, these gifts are designed to complement and amplify her talent.
1. FOOD: a Cookbook by Tom Bagby(Yellowhammer Print Shop) $25 – This field guide to sustenance and entertaining is perfect for the mama that loves to host. Food is a love language after all. Order on Yellowhammer’s website and have it arrive straight to your doorstep.
2. Trimtab Brewing Natural Habitat 4-pack(Hop City Birmingham) – This tiki-cocktail inspired beer is an imperial Sour with strawberry and key lime. Refreshing enough to inspire mom to unplug for a bit as she gathers with friends and family.
3. Rustic Stone Bowls (Richard Tubb Interiors) $49-$59 – These stone bowls vary in shape and size, making each one unique. The perfect accessory for entertaining, you can pick these up in store starting May 5 (following the new Safer at Home guidelines).
4. Movie Night Trio Gift Box(Farmstand by Stone Hollow Farmstead) $50 – Until you can take her out to the theatres again, make the most of movie nights at home! Order online and pick up curbside.
Self care isn’t just a trendy word – it’s important for the moms in our lives! Ranging from the gift of endorphins to pampering, these gifts are designed to help mama relax and invest in herself.
1. L’Oreal Absolut Repair 10-in-1 Spray(The Collective) $30 – This professional formula instantly provides hair with ten benefits to help treat, manage and protect. Email email@example.com to coordinate your pick-up or delivery.
2. L’Oreal Absolut Repair Masque(The Collective) $42 – Infused with gold quinoa and protein, this professional-grade masque restores damaged hair and leaves hair seven times shinier. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate your pick-up or delivery.
3. Savon Liquide Marseille Extra Pur Soap (Design Supply Shop) $28-$33 – This natural soap is free of coloring agents and parabens and can be used as a hand and body wash. Head over to Design Supply Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm to pick out the perfect scent for mom.
4. Rides at Ignite Cycle(Ignite Cycle) $95-$340 – With a busy schedule, it can be hard for mom to find time to invest in herself. Make it easy by purchasing her rides at Ignite that will fuel her not just physically, but emotionally as well. Head to their website to buy 5 rides and get 1 free ($95), or purchase 20 rides and secure mom early booking, making sure she’s the first one in the bike room.
5. Cotton Cashmere Tee(Billy Reid) $115.50 – A classic splurge-worthy tee that she can dress up or lounge in at home. Order online or head to Billy Reid’s Pepper Place location (while following Safer at Home guidelines).
6. Deep Relax Gift Box(Farmstand by Stone Hollow Farmstead) $190 – Give her what she really wants this Mother’s Day: a little ‘me time.’ This Botanikō box includes a Deep Relax bath and shower oil, body lotion, and a charcoal face mask. Order online or pick it up curbside.
Home is where the heart is. These gifts celebrate mom and how she makes a house into a home.
1. Ceramic Mug(The Red Cat at Pepper Place) $9.95 – Keep mom happy and caffeinated. We recommend pairing this mug with one of Red Cat’s signature coffees. Order and pick-up curbside, or pop into the coffee shop and keep your social distance.
2. Vintage Konya Rug, Size 2’9″ by 5’6″(LillieKat Rugs) $900 – The perfect rug to make a house into a home, LillieKat offers high-end rugs for a fraction of the cost. Order online and select pick-up or delivery.
3. 12x 18″ Prints (Yellowhammer Creative) $15-$25 – These hand-printed designs allow mom to celebrate the magic of Birmingham at home. Order online and have it shipped to your doorstep!
4. Edmund’s Oast Brewing Co. Bound By Time 4-Pack(Hop City) – This India Pale Ale allows mom to sit back and enjoy the pleasure of being at home. Pick it up curbside at Hop City.
6 & 7. Travel Mug & Market Bag(The Red Cat at Pepper Place) $10.95-$18.95 – For those mornings where mom is on the go but wants to take the taste of home with her. Order and pick-up curbside, or pop into the coffee shop and keep your social distance.
For the mom that loves to express her sense of fashion, these gifts are for her.
1. Madison Sunglasses(Billy Reid) $192.50 – “The Madison is a chic timeless style. It’s a perfect gift for any woman on your list.”- Billy Reid. Order these for mom online or head to their Pepper Place location.
2. The Local Series(Yellowhammer Print Shop) $30 – Help mom represent her favorite local businesses by wearing one of Yellowhammer’s collaborative tees with various local businesses. Order online and have it shipped to your doorstep.
3. Stripe V-Neck Dress (Billy Reid) $346.50 – This stunning piece is made in Italy from a jacquard woven in France and features a custom stripe, exclusive to Billy Reid. This flowing silhouette exudes timeless, sophisticated style. Pick it up for mom at Billy Reid’s Pepper Place location or order online and receive complimentary shipping.
These gifts are designed to help the mamas in your life indulge in life’s finer things.
1. The Hot & Hot Fish Club Cookbook & Gift Card(Hot & Hot Fish Club) $40+ – Filled with more than 200 recipes, this cookbook by Chris and Idie Hastings will help mom wait until the Hot & Hot and OvenBird dining rooms re-open for a night of good food and ambiance.
2. Partner Sweet Vermouth(Hop City) – From the vineyards, orchards, and gardens of California ths bottle is a marriage of wine, cherries, herbs and exotic spices. Partners with your favorite cocktail and is delicious over ice. Pick it up curbside at Hop City.
3. Red Cat Signature 12oz Coffee (The Red Cat at Pepper Place) $11 – Once she has a taste of Red Cat’s signature blends she won’t return to her normal cup of Joe. Pick it up curbside at Red Cat in Pepper Place.
4. Cire Trudon Candles(Design Supply Shop) $105-$115 – Manufactured at the Trudon workshop in Normandy, Cire Trudon candles are known for their high quality. Call and pick it up from Design Supply or head to the shop Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.
5. Gift Card and a Bottle of Wine(OvenBird) $140 – Treat mom to a bottle of wine and dinner at OvenBird (when their dining room reopens). It’s the gift that keeps on giving!