Farmer’s Market season is officially back at Pepper Place and it’s the perfect time to grab locally grown, fresh produce from your favorite Alabama farmers. If you’re looking for a way to support local farmers and vendors, we encourage you to shop The Market at Pepper Place. Our outdoor Market will return on April 10th, but until then you can continue to enjoy the pop-up and curbside market taking place on April 3rd. A few of our produce growers have an excess of produce this season and will be popping-up at Pepper Place around 8 am until they sell out, or noon.
What you need to know about opening day of the Outdoor Market:
- Strawberry season is here! Be sure to reserve your strawberries through our Curbside ordering before they sell out! You can pre-order them online here and they’ll be waiting for you at Curbside pickup. That way, you can enjoy taking your time exploring the outdoor Market, then drive to curbside on your way home to pick up your pre-ordered goods.
- The Market’s farmers, food and art vendors are all hard at work getting ready for opening day at the Market at Pepper Place on April 10. Like always, The Market at Pepper Place will be open every Saturday, rain or shine, from 7am – Noon.
- It anticipated that farmers will bring early spring greens, strawberries and other locally grown vegetables in season. Greenhouse growers will have beautiful tomatoes for sale, too. You’ll also find homemade cookies, cakes, pies and scones. In addition, hand-made candles and soaps, woodwork and pottery.
- Covid19 Safety policies remain in place this Spring – meaning everyone is required to mask-up at the Market. Designated seating for eating and drinking is located on 29th street where musicians will entertain customers during the morning.
- SNAP/EBT and Double Up Food Bucks returns to the Market, too. So be sure and stop by the Info Tent to purchase your SNAP tokens before shopping.
We can’t wait to see you at the Market!